Classroom Excel Course - CPD Accredited
Souters is a Microsoft Certified Academy, with a range of experience and qualified trainers to deliver our comprehensive Microsoft Excel Courses. Our scheduled Excel courses are held in our Central London training centre. All of the courses are led by experienced professionals, who possess not only excellent teaching abilities but also experience in using the software too.
Our status as a Microsoft Certified Academy ensures that course and qualifications hold international recognition.
Classroom Excel Course Objective
The aim of this Beginner to Proficient Level Excel course is to attain a proficient level in Excel.
Excel Course Format
Training is in Excel 2010. We can offer other versions of Excel by online training or a bespoke request for classroom training. If any groups are looking for training together, we can offer training on Excel 2007, 2013 or 2016
Excel Course Content
Get started in Excel
- Creating new workbooks and the basic functions, as well as an overview of the functionalities of Excel
- Formatting in an Excel Workbook
- Formatting font; formatting cells; borders; colours and highlighting
- Copying, cutting, pasting and other formatting issues in Excel
Calculations in Excel
- Set out your first Excel calculation and entering a calculation formula
- Calculating a sum and other basic functions
- Reproducing data in adjacent cells
Increase your efficiency as an Excel user
- Simple numerical formats and checking spelling
- Find and replace
- Inserting/deleting/moving rows, columns and cells
- Copying to non-adjacent cells; how to merge cells; change cell style; change the orientation of cell content
Print an attractive document
- Page layout; print preview and printing
- Repeating row/column headings on printed pages; headers and footers; hiding elements of a sheet
- Page breaks and print area
Manipulating your Workbook
- Introduction to tables
- Sort data, customise the presentation, copy formatting, and work with automatic date
- Date formats, splitting the window, freezing a column/row
- Tables and Charts
- Subtotal rows; advanced filtering options
- Creating and managing a table
- Proficient Level Excel table: how you can sort and filter data in a table
- Data series and chart axes
Create striking charts
- Managing a chart
- Adding and removing items, formatting chart items
- Modifying a chart's text items
- Legend and plot area
- Chart type options
Tips and Tricks
- Copying values, copying with a link
- Absolute reference in a formula
- Illustrate your data with graphics and art
- Inserting comments to cells
- Inserting and deleting sheets, sheet background
- Moving, copying, hiding sheets
- Cell ranges and using them
Dates and Duration
The course is held over one day running between 10:30 and 16:30. Please refer to the schedule for start dates.
Excel Course Requirements
As the course is aimed at beginners, there are no entry requirements.
Classroom Training Benefits
Our experienced Excel trainers share their expert knowledge with all students. There is also a high level of practical exercises which ensure that every leaner leaves with confidence and the ability to competently use Excel. Not only this but having a CPD accredited course and certificate on your CV is likely to benefit your future job prospects.
You will be given a CPD Certificate after completing the course. CPD Certification on successful completion The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more. The CPD Courses well respected and recognised across the globe, they are often required for certain industries.