This Office 365 Power BI Course Online offers learners to get an understanding of the more advanced areas of Power BI. This is a very popular Microsoft Office product that is used across numerous companies.
What is Power BI?
Microsoft Power BI is a Business Intelligence software. It can be used to generate interactive visual reports and ultimately create a dashboard with business information. It is a tool that is used to create insights into organisational data. The programme can cleanse organisational data, recognise patterns and produce easily understood reports and charts. BI platforms are set to become part of the future going forward.
This course contains all of the levels of Office 365: Power BI training. It gives the full range of training and can be taken by anyone interested in Power BI.
Getting Started with Power BI
- Getting Started and the Power BI Service
- Creating a dataset using Excel
- Using quick insights for a dataset
- Create a Visualisation and view a report
- Exploring the dashboard and add a widget
- Working with and modifying Tiles
- Building Blocks of the system
Power BI Data
- Overview of Power BI Desktop
- View Data Sources, Access Data, Text File, Excel File
- Enter to Power BI Desktop
- Save/Refresh Data Model
- Query Editor
- Cleanse and Transform Data
- Append/Merge a Query
Model your Data
- Create Relationships, Calculated Columns, Measure, Quick Measure, Calculated Table
- Work with a Time Based / Date Table
- Optimise the Data Model
- Simple Visualisations / Combination Charts / Using Slicers
- Map Visualisations and Table / Matrix
- Scatter Charts, Gauges and Cards
- Filter / Highlight
- Modify Colours, Shapes, TextBoxes and Images in Reports
- Customise Tooltips
- Bookmarks and Assign Bookmarks to Images
- Work/format with Report Pages
- Page-Level Tooltip
Enhance Power BI
- Data Profiling
- Create and use a What if Parameter
- Use Conditional Formatting for Visual Titles
- Add Buttons to a Report
- Set-Up / format Filter Pane
- Use Drill-Through
- Add a Column from an Example
- Get Data from a Web Page by Example
Analysis of Data
- Publish Reports from Power BI Desktop
- Create, modify, share a Dashboard
- Dashboard Tile
- Manually Republish / Refresh Data
- Print and Export
- Create/modify an App Workspace
Power BI Tips with Ben Howard (Microsoft MVP)
- Import Data from CSV/TXT/Excel File
- Enter, Clean and Manipulate Data
- Save a Report as a Template
- Create New Data Fields
- Introduction to Visualisations
- Drill-Through Filters and Slicers
- Comb Datasets / Create Relationships
- Publishing a Report
Dates and Duration
Expect 4 to 6 hours of training time. You have access to the course for 1 year and can complete the course anytime in that period. The Power BI Course Online forms part of Office 365 training. Find more Office 365 Courses here.
The course starts at beginner level and is open to all.
Benefits of the Power BI Course Online
- We are a Microsoft Certified Academy
- Our training programs are set to an international standard
- Our qualifications are CPD Accredited and they are internationally recognised.
- Our trainers are experienced using Office 365 Power BI in the workplace and developed material to be highly practical.
Certificate of the CPD Accredited Microsoft Power BI at a Microsoft Academy.